UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zanatos

Civilization IV

No, it isn't just Roman, but a blend of most empires of the world in one game. I was wondering if anyone else played the game. Yes, I know there is another topic in the baths.

No, it isn't just Roman, but a blend of most empires of the world in one game. I was wondering if anyone else played the game. Yes, I know there is another topic in the baths.

Yes, I play it now and then. I enjoy the ancient period and get bored quickly as time advances... go figure B)

I was thinking about getting this game. I thought that the original Civilization II in the 90s was quite good, but I found the pace too slow. I was young back then, and hopefully I've grown a lot less impatient. I've downloaded the demo recently, but it's incompatible with Windows Vista. The full game does have a patch which makes it work on Vista - But I'm still unsure about its purchase.

The game and both its expansion packs are available for the bargain price of

A game you might enjoy if you like tactics (NOT STRATEGY), or jsut a lot of blood and gore (true blood and gore), is Myth the fallen lords, or one of the other games in the series. Best physics engine ever, and if you like to fight, its better than Rome total war.

ATG

I play this game all the time, and the large majority of the time, I play with the Romans! Not just because I love Roman History though, but because they are overall, in my opinion, the best Civilization in the game. The Forum is one of the better unique buildings in my opinion, and the Praetorian's are probably the most dominant unit in the game for their respective time period. Praetorian's are damn near unstoppable until the invention of Feudalism(So you can build Longbowmen).

I prefer to play with the Augustus Caesar leader, as the +50% Wonder Production is a huge, huge bonus.