UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

are there any detailed battle maps from the punic wars

hi

are there any detailed terrain battle maps from the punic wars I have a few on trebia, tresimene, cannae and zama more would be good if you know of any please give a link or a book name but it is the other battle like the battle of ecnomus and the battle of llipa that I am more looking for but any other battle of the punic wars would be much appreciated

thanks

I do not know of any such maps, but I would love to see them if they exist. Adrian Goldsworthy shows diagrams of battles bsaed on ancient sources, whcih are very useful, and quite interesting. if you're jsut looking for how the battles played out, his books are good (esp. cannae). His analyzations of battles are great, because they show some misconceptions about battels and prove them wrong (like cannae and the whole half moon thing.) I hope others have more information regarding this.

ATG

I do not know of any such maps, but I would love to see them if they exist. Adrian Goldsworthy shows diagrams of battles bsaed on ancient sources, whcih are very useful, and quite interesting. if you're jsut looking for how the battles played out, his books are good (esp. cannae). His analyzations of battles are great, because they show some misconceptions about battels and prove them wrong (like cannae and the whole half moon thing.) I hope others have more information regarding this.

ATG

Greece and Rome at War - Peter Connolly contains a series of maps illustrating Hannibals campaign, although they're not exhaustive.

yeah I've got both peter connelly books and Adrian Goldsworthy books it for the game rome total war this is what I've made so far it's not perfect but I can't get it much better

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.p...light=trasimene

Salve, Amici
...but it is the other battle like the battle of ecnomus and the battle of llipa that I am more looking for ...

SOME NICE IMAGES ON ECNOMUS

SOME NICE SLIDES ON ILIPA

thanks for them ASCLEPIADES but there no detail to them the sea battle can't be done for RTW but there always ETW I've done trebia and I'll be I've moving on to cannae next or some of the first punic war I'll post the picture of them here if you want to see them

What about the routes taken by different parties? does anyone have anything like that. For all of the punic wars I 'd love to have a path by path breakdown of each side.

vtc

ps this might be worthy of a topic