UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Primus Pilus

Sad News

I will miss our Don Tomasso. His enthusiasm was infectious; his sense of humour quirky but never offensive. Go to the gods in peace, Tom, taking the love of your friends on UNRV with you.

This doesn't quite apply to our friend, but as it applies to a Roman tomb, I thought it was relevant.

Stop for a moment, stranger, and read this breif message. This ugly tomb houses a lovely woman, called Claudia by her parents. She loved her husband wholeheartedly and gave him two sons. One is still on this earth, the other under it. She was a lovely companion but demure. She kept house ad spun wool. That's all. Now be on your way.

To say I was gutted would be an understatement, I'd been trying to contact him recently but to no avail, now I know why.

REST IN PEACE CECIL!

;)

A much-loved regular gone.

Why not create some kind of honour on this site to/for him, although I didn't know him well, he would surely of liked that.

His input in my questions was always helpful and cheery.

I send a prayer.

vtc

Oh no. :)

I've not been checking up on this section of the forum, so I didn't see this until now. I'd wondered where he went.

May his soul rest in peace.

Oh man, that sucks. I miss you, Gaius Octavius. Even though I never met

the man in the flesh, he had a mischevious streak that I identified with fully and

a fantastic sense of humour. GO emailed me stuff that made me laugh until I cried, clogged my inbox with jokes and stories, jousted with me in a lighthearted way, but was always helpful and friendly from the moment I got here. He and Neph are solid gold. GO dubbed me "The Savage" and now I'll wear that name with pride. I never met the guy in person, but no shit, friends, I'm crying as I write this.

RIP Tom, you were one of a kind.

Edited by cornelius_sulla

And now that I think that everything that can be said has already been said, let me lock this thread, and let the memory of UNRV's most colorful character merge with the strands of infinity. May his soul find its way to his famed Italian ancestors in the halls of eternity.

Requiescat in pace.