UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Caesar is back!

Ingsoc

I'm sure our German-speaking members will get a better sense of the website, but going through the Google translation into English was entertaining:

Dear Lipper and Lipper,

as your MP for lip in the German Bundestag, I am pleased about my new job and see it as a challenge, to support you and your interests in Berlin to represent the best possible way.

But first a warm welcome to my web pages.

Here you will be continuously on my work as a Bundestag deputy, federal policy on regional issues and informed. I am happy to take your suggestions and desires and you also stand for personal interviews available. I would be delighted if you made use of them.

In conflict with the many interests that we human beings in different areas of life and work nowadays, it is not always easy for all to make everything right. This is certainly not the goal of policy. Be sure always sure that the man at the center of my thinking and action is.

On a good togetherness pleased connected with my best regards

Their

[signature of Cajus Caesar]

Cajus Caesar

Member of the German Bundestag.

Also, from other Google-translated pages, I was able to ascertain that Mr. Caesar, a true Romanophile, was somehow connected with sponsoring a special postage stamp, to be released next year, commemorating the anniversary of the Varus Battle.

Caesar also appears to be in favor of government-funded day care for mothers of small children.

-- Nephele

I wonder what kind of people vote for someone named Cajus Julius Caesar :disgust:

If he was anything like his namesake... I'm sure he bribed plenty of people to vote for him :P

Speaking of bribes...Here's one...

Ingsoc recently posted those pics in this thread: Roman Campaign Slogans.

What an odd choice of name for a modern-day politician. To quote Gertrude Stein: "Affectations can be dangerous."

-- Nephele