UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Itinerary - to be posted later

Please note that I'm now away for a fortnight, so if I go quiet until the 10th August, don't worry unduly.

Edited by GhostOfClayton

Thanks Ghost for the copy of the itinerary. I will run it through with NN and if any suggestions are necessary we will let you know.

For others - I am able to contact Ghost if necessary during his break so if any questions do arise for any reason please fire away.

The itinerary should be no later than 8th August hopefully, if not sooner, and certainly within a day or two outside of the date stated.

Information for all concerned with the UK Meet for 2009 in Lincoln....

My wife and I will be unable to get to Lincoln after all for this year's meet. This is a devastating blow to us as we obviously look forward to these things each year. After I was made redundant because of this credit crunch (?!?) we had the added indignity of the tax office messing up our working tax credit claim and overpaying us. They want it back as soon as which has stumped us. However, with the train fares costing around

Edited by Augustus Caesar

Hi Everyone!

I have PM'd all European/uk members about this - I dont think I missed anybody... and so far we have only two definite, and to possible attendees. If you haven't already given a yes or a no to this, and would like to attend, please PM either myself, Ghost of Clayton or Augustus caesar, as tempus is fugiting as we speak!

If we can get there I am positive we can get the HI hotel on a Co-operative deal for us at

It's now a good few days since this Meet would have ended. However, I am unsure as to whether it actually happened. I do hope it did go ahead but, if not, then maybe not enough members committed.

However, if the meeting actaully found fruition with five or six who confirmed, or whatever number, will we see some reporting of said meeting here?

Please let us know....

Hi Augustus

It never happened in the end - It whittled down to about 2 0r 3 of us but then Illness struck my family (mother, to be precise) and I wasout of action for a few weeks. However, there is no reason why it couldn't be resurrected, or moved to november or maybe earlier in the year - after all, we are talking about Lincoln, with an abundance of hotels, Roman things and good pubs.

Hi NN

We are both sorry to hear about your mum and hope she is fine now. It seems you have had a torrid time of it lately and again we hope all is OK.

As for the Meet we are gutted that it didn't finally go ahead. For the last Meet we had five of us but it still went very well and was fun packed.

OK... so Lincoln is still a good bet for the Meet when it does go ahead but it may be better now to leave it until maybe April at the earliest to give people a chance to sort out finances and plans maybe. At least if this IS the chosen venue we can begin to plan that bit earlier too.

I think it may be better if I should open a thread for 2010 so we can leave this one closed. I will leave the closing to you NN as you can do that with being a superior Roman and all that!!! ;) Of course it goes without saying that thanks must go to you for all your efforts with this Meet. Thanks mate!!