UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DDickey

I'm thinking about selling some hard to find books

Also, do the prices I

It'd be a real shame if you had to sell those books. :(

I've just done a quick search on Amazon UK and to be honest I think you'd struggle to get the price that your looking for. The only one's you might make some good money out of are the Marius books, it's pretty hard to get your hands on any books about him,well, for a reasonable price anyway but I still think you'd be hard pushed to get your asking price.

If I were you I'd keep hold of the books (you'd only regret selling them later) and come up with another way to raise funds for the new computer, what about selling your body?????? :lol::lol:

If I were you I'd keep hold of the books (you'd only regret selling them later) and come up with another way to raise funds for the new computer, what about selling your body?????? :lol::lol:

Ha. Ha. I'd get about fifteen cents if I sold that.

Ha. Ha. I'd get about fifteen cents if I sold that.

Every little helps!!! :(

If you're a little tech savvy you can buy the parts over a period of time and build the PC yourself. If you don't game too much you don't need a top of the line PC...give it a try, you'd probably be surprised just how easy it is.

If you're a little tech savvy you can buy the parts over a period of time and build the PC yourself. If you don't game too much you don't need a top of the line PC...give it a try, you'd probably be surprised just how easy it is.

Especially if your monitor is still working. You should be able to get a basic machine for about $200.

Even less if you get it second-hand I suppose.

Yeah, I've been thinking about that more and more. I'm a console gamer, so I use my PC only for writing and surfing the internet. Nothing else.

Yeah, I've been thinking about that more and more. I'm a console gamer, so I use my PC only for writing and surfing the internet. Nothing else.

You sound like a good candidate for a netbook. These little machines come in at about $300 on amazon, and are good for both writing and net use. Add a standard USB keyboard and mouse and plug in your old monitor - you probably won't notice the difference to a machine ten times the cost if that's all you are using it for.

And you have the advantage that you can unplug the thing and drop it into a rucksack for computing on the move.

The thing with hard-to-find books is that the only people who will pay those prices are those who need them immediately. Others either go to a large classics library (and those who need that kind of book often have such access) or already have the books in question through years of haunting the classics section of second-hand-bookstores. I've got several of the books you mention which I acquired in that way, and I also particularly treasure my copy of Cheeseman's auxilia of the Roman Army which I found in a house clearance sale.

I've got several of the books you mention which I acquired in that way, and I also particularly treasure my copy of Cheeseman's auxilia of the Roman Army which I found in a house clearance sale.

I hate you with a passion you can only imagine!! :P May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.

Unless, of course, you're willing to sell ... ;) ?

I saw a copy of the CAH IX on Amazon for around $ 50. If you can get $ 200, though, kudos!

Yes, if you'd been seling it for $50 - which is about

I've got several of the books you mention which I acquired in that way, and I also particularly treasure my copy of Cheeseman's auxilia of the Roman Army which I found in a house clearance sale.

I hate you with a passion you can only imagine!! :P May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.

Unless, of course, you're willing to sell ... ;) ?

The book, no. but I can give you an excellent deal on 1000 camel fleas I've recently acquired.

Sorry, I haven't been around lately. But I'm back. I think.

Anyway, I fixed my computer; sold some other stuff, so, fortunately, I was able to save my precious collection of books on Rome.