UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Bush and historians

Caesar CXXXVII

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If not for the opponents he faced (Al "I invented the internet and nature itself" Gore...

...oh well, old myths don`t die :)

Gore never claimed to have invented the internet

Indeed, hyperbole is fun in such circumstances. However, it doesn't mean that Gore isn't a complete asshat. And yes, that's my true analytical, evidence laden take on it. :)

And yet, although Iraq was "Vietnamised", there seems to be little or no similar outcry against Afghanistan, even though we went there first. Curious...

Unlike Iraq (or Vietnam) there was a clear reason for going to Afghanistan: The Taliban and Al-Queda were there. I don't think many people fault him for going there. What we can fault him for was opening a second front on Iraq on the thinnest of excuses (some might even say lies and conspiracies) which strained American strength and credibility around the world.

Unlike Iraq (or Vietnam) there was a clear reason for going to Afghanistan: The Taliban and Al-Queda were there. I don't think many people fault him for going there. What we can fault him for was opening a second front on Iraq on the thinnest of excuses (some might even say lies and conspiracies) which strained American strength and credibility around the world.

The additional front in Iraq strained American resources here at home, as well. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall some historical maxim regarding the foolishness of fighting a war on multiple fronts.

-- Nephele