UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Archeo sites free during Italy's Culture Week?

Boo hoo, I'm gonna miss this years "Culture Week" in Italy the third week in April. I can't read the language in http://www.beniculturali.it/sala/dettaglio...,cs&Id=2958 but I assume it is the usual case where all state run museums and archeology sites are free.

Can be useful to "mop up" some of the places lower on your priority list. For example maybe you didn't visit the remote vilas outside of Pompei that are included in the same ticket, but never get around to them due to the large package admission. Not sure what it covers, but has been useful for me in sampling a bunch of museums that were in general unlikely to justify admission, but had a few rewarding surprises.

I guess all Euro and especially Pound denominated prices are in freefall to those exchanging from US$ anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure what it covers, but has been useful for me in sampling a bunch of museums that were in general unlikely to justify admission, but had a few rewarding surprises.

I guess all Euro and especially Pound denominated prices are in freefall to those exchanging from US$ anyway.

http://www.beniculturali.it/luoghi/ricerca.asp?nd=lc,ri

Here is a map of Italy with all the sites/museums available during the "settimana della cultura" (just click on the region or search the name of the museum/site you want to visit to see if it's included).