UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Movies or series I would love to see:

dianamt54

I think it would be interesting to see the reign of Augustus. He had a long life. He kept marrying his daughter Julia off. He married her to Tiberius and that was a disaster. I think the releationship with Julia and her father would be very interesting if it historically acurate.

Would someone PLEASE, make a movie about Sulla? Sulla was in the movie Caesar with Jeremy Sisto. It was nice to have a glimps of Sulla. I am not sure who would play Sulla. Either they would have to age an actor, or find an older Sulla. I think Sulla's appearance changed a lot as he got older. The other movie I would love to see is about the Gracchi.

So, if Bruno Heller ever lurks around this site, please look into it.

Any other writer, produce, actor, actress or director please be sure to lurk

• 2 weeks later...

Tiberius Gracchus was portrayed in the BBC drama-documentary 'Ancient Rome: Rise and Fall of an Empire'. Unfortunately his life was squashed into a 50 minute slot, so the entire episode was a very basic and largely inaccurate portrayl of his political career. One of the most glaring omissions from the episode was that his brother, Gaius, wasn't even mentioned. It was almost as if Tiberius was an only child.

• 10 months later...
Tiberius Gracchus was portrayed in the BBC drama-documentary 'Ancient Rome: Rise and Fall of an Empire'. Unfortunately his life was squashed into a 50 minute slot, so the entire episode was a very basic and largely inaccurate portrayl of his political career. One of the most glaring omissions from the episode was that his brother, Gaius, wasn't even mentioned. It was almost as if Tiberius was an only child.

That was a great episode "Battle for Rome - Revolution" thats what its called here in the united states, it has been said that Tiberius was the first one over the wall in Carthage.

default.jpg

Edited by Pompeii

I just got these BBC-documentaries as a DVD boxed set as a Saturnalia gift from my boyfriend and have had time to watch the first disc on which is also the documentary about Tiberius Gracchus. I too stumbled over the fact that his brother Gaius wasn't mentioned at all. I have to admit that all films on that DVD seem to be inaccurate, they focus on certain events of the person's life, e.g. Caesar's war in Gaul, Nero acting after the great fire. Of course 50 Min. are not long but it could have been better.

The bonus DVD is about the Colosseum and shows Gladiators in totally unauthentic armor, and this is called a documentary and not a movie. From a reknowned TV station such as the BBC I would have expected much better quality.

But the same problem occurs with ARTE who made a documentary on the Germanic people. It is also very inaccurate.

• 1 year later...