• Southeastern Rwanda
    • Northern Mali
    • West of Timbuktu
    • Southwestern Sudan
    • Why should I care anyway?
    • Darfur is a figment of Antiochus III's imagination
    • The United States of America and Darfur are synonymous

What were U.S.A interests in Sumalia and Bosnia ? There is no oil there

They were 'police actions' by the UN/NATO consistent with a policy of foreign interventionism.

I voted "I don't care."

There will always be lunacy and violence in some part of the world, whether well-known or remote. If people want to scream at the top of their lungs about it and proclaim themselves good humanitarians because of said knowledge, that is their affair. But I don't consider it a benchmark of an educated mind.

I imagine there is a lot of lunacy and violence in the streets of Chicago your classmates could just as equally worry about. And since it is closer to home, they'd be in a better position to do something about it if they feel so inclined.

I'm sure thats the same attitude many Germans had during the holocaust.

That is neither clever nor pertinent to the discussion at hand.

Keep in mind that there is nothing more indicative of fascist thought than the expectation that others MUST! MUST! MUST! agree with, sympathize with, or otherwise share in one's own passions and beliefs.

-- Nephele

I voted "I don't care."

There will always be lunacy and violence in some part of the world, whether well-known or remote. If people want to scream at the top of their lungs about it and proclaim themselves good humanitarians because of said knowledge, that is their affair. But I don't consider it a benchmark of an educated mind.

I imagine there is a lot of lunacy and violence in the streets of Chicago your classmates could just as equally worry about. And since it is closer to home, they'd be in a better position to do something about it if they feel so inclined.

You're free to take the next ticket to Darfur and stand up for humanity (or whatever), rather than make obnoxious posts on an internet forum about socially aware you are.