UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Napolitan area

I'm a Sign Installation Engineer, I spent 3 months installing and repairing Lexus signs through out Europe. It was good but just a shame we had to do it in the winter months instead of the summer months! ;)

Wow, not bad! Pity indeed that you came in winter. Brussels is quite a lively place in summer with its bars, cafes, open air concerts, etc. You should give it a another chance. :lol:

I certainly will. Despite the weather I thought Brussels was a great City, very cosmopolitan, I met some very nice people in the short time I was there and also found some very nice bars too. Churchill's being one of them, do you know it?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly will. Despite the weather I thought Brussels was a great City, very cosmopolitan, I met some very nice people in the short time I was there and also found some very nice bars too. Churchill's being one of them, do you know it?

Churchill's, THE English Pub? Yes, I know it. Nothing wrong with that but let me know next time you're coming and I'll take you to see some really cool bars around Brussels (some of them over 300 years old). ;)

Churchill's, THE English Pub? Yes, I know it. Nothing wrong with that but let me know next time you're coming and I'll take you to see some really cool bars around Brussels (some of them over 300 years old). :lol:

Your on!! ;)

I just realised how sad that sounds, an English man in Brussels going to an English pub. That wasn't the only bar we visited though, we did take in some of the Brussels culture too you know. It was just that Churchill's was the closest bar to our hotel and in blizzard like conditions we didn't really feel like doing much walking if you know what I mean. ;) Plus it also showed live English football and sold English crisps too (Walkers) We'd been away from home for quite a while by this point and just craved a few home comforts!!! :P

Your on!! ;)

I just realised how sad that sounds, an English man in Brussels going to an English pub. That wasn't the only bar we visited though, we did take in some of the Brussels culture too you know. It was just that Churchill's was the closest bar to our hotel and in blizzard like conditions we didn't really feel like doing much walking if you know what I mean. :P Plus it also showed live English football and sold English crisps too (Walkers) We'd been away from home for quite a while by this point and just craved a few home comforts!!! :lol:

Lol, that's understandable when you're home sick. But I'll prepare a nice itinerary for you next time you come including bars that serve their own (almost artisanal) beer like Lambic.

Rione Terra was closed unfortunately

Again huh? Looks like Domus Aurea-syndrome to me. It probably is in the same state anyway. :lol:

Thanks anyway, and too bad those Solfatara pictures don't convey the smell.

Did you see all those people camping out next to it? Unbelievable ;)

Edited by Maladict

Rione Terra was closed unfortunately

Again huh? Look like Domus Aurea-syndrome to me. It probably is in the same state anyway. :lol:

Thanks anyway, and too bad those Solfatara pictures don't convey the smell.

Did you see all those people camping out next to it? Unbelievable ;)

My family were planning on staying at that camping the first time my parents took me to Naples. The caravan couldn't get in though and we had to find another camping!

The smell was not that bad that day, mainly smelled inside the crater itself. For Rione Terra it might very well be, yet I'am still sorry I could'nt help you on that.

I'll go to Baie, Cumae and Misena today, once my pictures of Herculanum, Pompei, Velia, Paestum and Capri are uploaded ( around 750 pictures, usual adress, http://picasaweb.google.com/bryaxis but far from being all tagged unfortunately, takes too much time on the precious little hours I have for sleep) and I'll try the Piscina Mirabile...

In any cases, thanks all for the kind words on the pictures !

Hello, just a quick update to tell you that I did have the opportunity to visit the piscina mirabile yesterday and put the pictures online along with pictures of Baies, Misene and Cumes

Many thanks for the pictures! Between you and Klingan this past month, I almost feel as though I've travelled to Italy myself!

-- Nephele

Hello, just a quick update to tell you that I did have the opportunity to visit the piscina mirabile yesterday and put the pictures online along with pictures of Baies, Misene and Cumes

Many thanks for the pictures! Between you and Klingan this past month, I almost feel as though I've travelled to Italy myself!

-- Nephele

You've also reminded me of the best holiday I've ever had. Thank you.

Pleased to have brought such pleasant feelings back ! I must confess my feet are sore and even bleeding (too much walking, especially the Pouzzole-Miseno and Cumae-Fusaro station day which really broke me) but I come back with good memories even if Pompei and Herculanum were a bit disappointing... I'll try to upload my last pictures tomorrow or the day after, if Picasa allows me to do so freely ( I'm at about 1Go of pictures on my Picasa account... ) : back to the Napoli museum for the secret room and some rooms that were not open the first day or pictures I did not succeed in taking the first time around

Pleased to have brought such pleasant feelings back ! I must confess my feet are sore and even bleeding (too much walking, especially the Pouzzole-Miseno and Cumae-Fusaro station day which really broke me) but I come back with good memories even if Pompei and Herculanum were a bit disappointing... I'll try to upload my last pictures tomorrow or the day after, if Picasa allows me to do so freely ( I'm at about 1Go of pictures on my Picasa account... ) : back to the Napoli museum for the secret room and some rooms that were not open the first day or pictures I did not succeed in taking the first time around

You walked from Pozzuoli to Miseno? :)

Don't they have that Archeobus anymore?

Archeobus only on weekend, they are others bus but... i walked under the sun, looking at the sea, going into the hills to reach the castello of Baies, then coming down toward Miseno and going to the Piscina Mirabile on the way... I must confess I did not start at Pouzzole proper but at the train station just next Pouzzole but before Baies, the names escapes me. I just took a bus to do the Miseno-Cumae trip but none came when I wanted to get back to a train station, around 19h, 19h30... So I just walked my way to one :)

Edited by Bryaxis Hecatee

Archeobus only on weekend, they are others bus but... i walked under the sun, looking at the sea, going into the hills to reach the castello of Baies, then coming down toward Miseno and going to the Piscina Mirabile on the way... I must confess I did not start at Pouzzole proper but at the train station just next Pouzzole but before Baies, the names escapes me. I just took a bus to do the Miseno-Cumae trip but none came when I wanted to get back to a train station, around 19h, 19h30... So I just walked my way to one :)

I only made it to the castle (unexpectedly nice museum!) then got weak and hopped on the bus again.

Shame nobody seemed to be interested enough to use it, frankly I'm surprised it still operates at all, if only on weekends.