UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Plautus - adapting New Comedy for the Roman stage

Viggen

Titus Maccius Plautus was one of ancient Rome's greatest playwrights. He was born in Sarsina, Umbria in about 254 BC. Little is known about his life but it is believed that he worked as a stage carpenter as a young man. Plautus eventually went into business as a merchant shipper and according to tradition worked as a miller's labourer after his venture collapsed. He studied Greek drama in his spare time and from the age of forty onwards achieved increasing success as an adaptor of Greek comedies for the Roman stage....

...read the full article about Plautus - adapting New Comedy for the Roman stage

...thanks to Aurelia!

Thanks, Aurelia! Well done!

-- Nephele

Thanks guys! It was my pleasure. :)

Excellent Aurelia! Mind if I ask what sources you have used in writing the article?

Didn't get to the end of the article, I see. Just kidding. The references are at the very bottom of the screen in very small print. ;)

Excellent Aurelia! Mind if I ask what sources you have used in writing the article?

Didn't get to the end of the article, I see. Just kidding. The references are at the very bottom of the screen in very small print. :lol:

Oh, the link "The Pot of Gold and other plays" made me believe that it was advertisement and I'm completely immune to that ;)