UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Bryaxis Hecatee

UNRV roman archeological sites collection

no no, if we do it then properly, we would host it then...

cheers

viggen

Yes, but I think we'll soon find ourself with a Lacus Curtius sized website... Also the idea is to have pictures commented ( unlike what's on your first link ) for better referencement and richer content experiance for the visitors

i am not sure why our current gallery is not suitable, you can comment, you can put up description, you can make categories, you can rate it, you can discuss it, anything i am missing? http://www.unrv.com/forum/index.php?autoco...si&img=1342

cheers

viggen

Can a non member view the albums to begin with? And something is wrong with the albums as most of my pictures average one viewer per month ish.

...thanks for bringing this up, i changed it so everyone can see it now...

cheers

viggen

I had a thought: why not take the 12 best photos and make a 2010 UNRV calendar in time for Christmas?

And could all put the special dates from Roman history into the calendar :-)

Viggen, Moon, surely there are custom calendar companies out there, yes?

I had a thought: why not take the 12 best photos and make a 2010 UNRV calendar in time for Christmas?

An excellent idea.

Edited by Klingan

And could all put the special dates from Roman history into the calendar :-)

Viggen, Moon, surely there are custom calendar companies out there, yes?

...i am pretty sure the printing itself is the least problem...

The thing is, that we need the original to be uploaded, those printing companies dont do anything if they dont have the highest resolution possible, and second i am curious if this would be something the public would be interested?

cheers

viggen

i am not sure why our current gallery is not suitable, you can comment, you can put up description, you can make categories, you can rate it, you can discuss it, anything i am missing? http://www.unrv.com/forum/index.php?autoco...si&img=1342

cheers

viggen

Viggen - A couple of quick questions about the gallery.

1. I'm able to access the galleries from you link, but for some reason I don't see a galleries link on the main page of the forums. Is it under a higher level topic? Or has today been too long of a week for me already. :-)

NEVERMIND, I FOUND THE LINK AT THE TOP OF THE FORUMS PAGES. :-/

2. I wasn't able to rate images. Might I not have the proper access?

Thanks,

Jason

Edited by JGolomb

Hi everyone,

I come back to this thread because I recently read that Google had built a new function into it's Picasa system, in this case multi-users albums. We could maybe use this to launch ourselves in the global UNRV ancient remains pictures project we discussed over the summer ? Also I've discovered a program that could help us achieve our goals by providing both the completeness of features we need (categories as well as albums for example) and can be integrated with IP.Board (modules already exist) so it would gently go into the UNRV appearance.

So are they still any peoples interested ?

Sure. Maybe we could set up a small-scale test album to see what it would look like?

Edited by Maladict