UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Audio Interview with Goldsworthy

DDickey

I found this recent interview with Adrian Goldsworthy online and thought I'd share it. It's an audio interview and runs an hour.

Here's the link.

For those who aren't going to listen to it, at the end, Goldsworthy says that his next book will be a duel biography of Marc Antony and Cleopatra.

Edited by DDickey

I thoroughly enjoyed this. Thanks.

Me too. I notice that some of Goldsworthy's comments are pertinent to the currently running topic about comparisons with Rome and the US. He seems to regard them as inevitably loaded and somewhat fatuous. A vew many ofus agree with. I must say, I am listening to all of the interviews on DDickey's link, and I am enjoying all of them. I am also fast becoming a fan of Marshall Poe, who also gives some good insights as well as being a competent interviewer/presenter.

I thoroughly enjoyed this. Thanks.

Me too. I notice that some of Goldsworthy's comments are pertinent to the currently running topic about comparisons with Rome and the US. He seems to regard them as inevitably loaded and somewhat fatuous. A vew many ofus agree with. I must say, I am listening to all of the interviews on DDickey's link, and I am enjoying all of them. I am also fast becoming a fan of Marshall Poe, who also gives some good insights as well as being a competent interviewer/presenter.

I agree with the latter statement. He's a man who understands the methods employed by a historian, which makes his questions more interesting and insightful. He's just not some random figurehead asking vacuous questions.

I'm glad you liked the link.

I agree with the latter statement. He's a man who understands the methods employed by a historian, which makes his questions more interesting and insightful. He's just not some random figurehead asking vacuous questions.

He does however have a habit of breathing into the microphone. And I thought I also heard a phone or fax ring during the interview. All somewhat distracting.

But I agree it takes a historian to know one. I've bookmarked the site and will see if I can find other interviews with authors of ancient history.

Very interesting interview, thanks for posting.

For those who are interested, Adrian Goldsworthy also has a blog at his website www.adriangoldsworthy.com which he updates regularly, though not always on ancient history.

Thanks DDickey, UNRV and NewBooksInHistory for the chance of hearing this wonderful interview; thanks, Maty for the advice.

On Mr. Poe, I must agree with Ursus.

As expected, Mr. Goldsworthy didn