UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Favonius Cornelius

Hadrian's Villa Picture Album Posted

Hello all! It is good to be back again at UNRV, and America for that matter. Recently I was in Italy celebrating my marriage and I visited quite a few Roman ruins and museums. I'll be posting a few photo albums to share the hundreds of photos I took of some amazing sites and artifacts. Even these hundreds of photos are just a portion of what is to be seen in the Rome area alone.

For my first album, I have posted a little tour through Hadrian's Villa. I have a photo map key you can follow to get an idea of what you are looking at from what angle to make the pictures more informative. I'm 95% sure about their positioning, but there might be a little wiggle room for error on a few shots since I did not have the time to write down details on what I was taking pictures of.

More albums are on the way! Still, there are a few things I regret not having a chance to take a picture of, such as the Pyramid of Cestius, the Pompeii museum artifacts in Naples, the alligator sculpture at the Hadrian's Villa Museum...and not a single bust of Julius Caesar to be found! (If anyone is going to Rome any time soon, get these please!!)

If you would like greater detail on any of my photos, I can send you a much larger file than what UNRV allows in the gallery, just ask.

FC

I've had a brief look on your album and I enjoyed it a lot and I would love got get full size copies of the shots if possible :P

If you look at my blog (http://ancientandold.blogspot.com/) I'm sure you'll find some pictures that might interest you. Neither the Cestius pyramid or Caesar is posted yet, but they are surely to come!

Thanks for uploading the pictures!

Hey Klingan you might also want to visit Ostia Antica, the old Roman port. There seemed to be a number of advertisements around Rome for it.

I spent the day there yesterday and I intend to return as soon as possible :D Are you traveling in the area around Rome at the moment?

Hey Klingan you might also want to visit Ostia Antica, the old Roman port. There seemed to be a number of advertisements around Rome for it.

I spent the day there yesterday and I intend to return as soon as possible ;) Are you traveling in the area around Rome at the moment?

Oh excellent! I came back a few days ago, and now I'm letting my body recover from running around Latium and Campania. Thankfully I got sick only after getting home, but I figured it would happen some time. Although I went to Capri with the intention of seeing some of Tiberius' villas, but decided against it since its a pain in the posterior to get around that island and I did not plan it well. As you might expect, after a mixed sea food platter I had there, Tiberius had his revenge on me. :)

Hi folks, just wanted to mention that I have posted my second installment of pictures from my Italy trip this year, this time of the Temple of Vesta at Tivoli.

Note the spooky black cat on the alter in the square temple! :lol:

An absolutely beautiful album as always FC! I wish that I was back in Tivoli.