UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

UK Meet 2010 never really got off the ground, so may I make the following suggestion for 2011:

The annual York Roman Festival will be held Spring Bank Holiday weekend (28th and 29th May). Myself and Mrs OfClayton will certainly be going along for a looksee at what's on offer, so if anyone else would like to come along and join in the fun, we'd love to give you the opportunity of buying us a drink!

York is fairly central, and easily accessible - not too far off the A1(M) for motorists, and on the East Coast Main Line for rail users.

If our friends from overseas would like to come along, York is very easy to get to from Hull (excellent ferry from Rotterdam or Zeebrugge), and also from Leeds/Bradford airport. Doncaster Robin Hood Airport is also not too bad for York.

Being a major tourist city, accommodation is plentiful, though with it being a Bank Holiday, early booking is advised.

It

Currently there does not appear to be an active website for the York Roman Festival.

If you search for it you may find the 2010 website but the YorkRomanFestival.com" website seems to be written in Japanese and not specifically linked to any planned events at York in 2011 so one to avoid. :(

Currently there does not appear to be an active website for the York Roman Festival.

Sorry, when I said, "here's a website about the festival in general," what I meant to say was, "here's a website about the festival in general."

My warning currently applies to the website listed under the 'contact details' at the general site cited above.

OK - this venture seems doomed to failure. The York Roman Festival has now moved to 18th & 19th June - right in the middle of one of my tours!!!!! And I organised my season to keep the original date free. :(

Anyway, for anyone still interested, here's the website.