UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Winter Olympics are coming

Viggen

As Austrian, this is the most important sport event, (just two medals less then the mighty USA, not bad hey), and as this time it is in Canada, so American friendly time, which events are you going to watch?

As for me anything with skies attached (

),
(clip from the most awesome Slalom race in the world the Schladming night race (50.000 along the track) and

cheers

viggen

As Austrian, this is the most important sport event, (just two medals less then the mighty USA, not bad hey), and as this time it is in Canada, so American friendly time, which events are you going to watch?

As for me anything with skies attached (

),
(clip from the most awesome Slalom race in the world the Schladming night race (50.000 along the track) and

cheers

viggen

I'm not sure 'watch' is the correct term for any sport although I do tend to catch a bit of the down hill events when they are on. In fact on that issue I definately would like to know how the 'Snow Leopard' from Ghana gets on. Even if he probably isn't a serious medal contender, as he has only been skiing for the last 5 or 6 years and done most of his training on dry slopes, he did find a qway to qualify for the Olympics and provide a first representation for his country at the Winter Games. I therefore would like him to achieve his aim of 'not coming last' - Go Snow Leopard, Go! ;)

I used to enjoy the olympics but American television is so obsessed with feature story-telling and "primetime" slots that we see very few actual events.... and even fewer as they actually happen. Unfortunately, the CBC didn't re-up it's contract to air the olympics so it's airing on another non public Canadian network that isn't available in the US (at least not on my system), so I won't be watching much.

If I had my choice though, I'd watch hockey, downhill and a few runs of luge/bobsled just because I think those guys are a bit mental.

The winter olympics should add two events... ice fishing and ice fishing rescue when it's too warm and the ice gets thin.

...lol ice fishing, i think i would even participate....

tragic deadly accident at the luge competition

Medal Count 13th of February

1. USA------------1 1 2 4

2. South Korea 1 1 - 2

3. Netherlands 1 - - 1

. Switzerland-----1 - - 1

. Slovakia 1 - - 1

6. Germany - 1 - 1

. Canada - 1 - 1

. Poland - 1 - 1

9. Austria - - 1 1

. France - - 1 1

. Russia - - 1 1

No offense but I just can't get worked up over sledding and skiing and all that. Now if they had a Snowman Building event, that would be cool.

Oh I second that! Imagine competitors being judged not only on speed but also on creativity.

Although I imagine that stuff like this

red_snowmen.jpg

or this

dirty-snowman.jpg

would end up being censored lest they hurt viewers' sensitivities.