UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Need Some Resources

Hello,

I am searching for resources about a Syrian Officer who served in the Roman army, this man was loyal to Rome but after he had conquered a Syrian city he fell in love with a Syrian girl who changed him a lot and let him leave the Roman army joining back the Syrian people, later he rebelled against Rome after they killed his girl and became a pirate attacking the Roman ships, he confused Rome which could kill him at the end by help of his unfaithful assistant.

I read this short synopsis of the story before 10 years in Arabic Magazine, but if my memory doesn't betray me his name was Cyrus.

Please I need your help in finding any resources about his life...

Thanks.

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the story, so it's very difficult to track down potential source information. Is there a way to look up the original story and find the person's name or any additional information to help track it down?

Even a general time frame will help indicate which possible ancient source authors we may be looking. For example, if the story dates to Pompey the Great's "conquests" it may indicate certain authors as the likely sources, whereas there are any number of sources on the eastern expeditions in the centuries that followed. If it's a Muslim story it would likely date to the Byzantine era which changes the potential sources dramatically.