UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

All Help Welcome On Theodosius

Guest Fiammeis

Guest Fiammeis

I have a very large essay on Theodosius that I must do, and seeing that all of you know practically everything that happened in the 4th century AD, I would like to humbly ask for some help.

Please, if you are kind enough and have enough time, will you say something about him? I'm mostly interested in things that happened while he reigned (379-395 AD). The tricky part is, I need to know things that happened outside of the Roman Empire.

Thanks so much for your time.

Bascially what I know about him is that he was the last true empeor of a united Roman Empire. And that he outlawed Paganism in 394 A.D calling it a "Barbaric Religion." He doust the fire of Vestal and the Altar of Victory was removed from the Senate. Theodeious is also aclaimed for bringing peace for about 5 years after driving back the Goths for the last time.

I personally don't like him...him and Constatine the Great are on my hate list. But many other people admire him for his glorious controbutions to a dieing empire.

Sorry about spelling

Zeke