UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Macedonians created cement three centuries before the Romans

Some of the finest ancient treasures of Greece have gone on display, in Oxford's Asholean Museum in Britain, even though some of the discoveries have never been seen by Greeks. They have been unearthed in a royal complex belonging to Alexander the Great and his father Philip. Archaeologists have determined that Alexander's Macedonians were not only great warriors but revolutionary builders as well....

more at BBC (Video)

• 5 months later...

Some of the finest ancient treasures of Greece have gone on display, in Oxford's Asholean Museum in Britain, even though some of the discoveries have never been seen by Greeks. They have been unearthed in a royal complex belonging to Alexander the Great and his father Philip. Archaeologists have determined that Alexander's Macedonians were not only great warriors but revolutionary builders as well....

more at BBC (Video)

This is an outrage! How dare those flea bitten poor-relations of the greeks claim to have invented concrete before the noble people of Rome? If the senate won't act on this I say take it to the Tribunes. I say Amphipolis must burn!!!

Though I am past my prime, I stand ready sword in hand to make these semi-barbarians swallow their words. Dignitas demands! Who stands with me?

Edited by Tribunicus Potestus

Though I am past my prime, I stand ready sword in hand to make these semi-barbarians swallow their words. Dignitas demands! Who stands with me?

I can't do Thursdays, though - that's when I do the Morrisons shopping.

I can't do Thursdays, though - that's when I do the Morrisons shopping.

Right, Thursday leave then. Anyone else?