UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Shogun 2: Total War

Kosmo

Creative Assembly recently released Shogun 2: Total War boasting about some new features that interested me like Campaign Multiplayer and improved AI.

In truth, I don't plan to play this game despite the stellar reviews but rumor has it that the next game in the Total War series will be... drum roll... Rome 2: Total War.

One of these days I'm going to have to get my CD rom drive fixed so I can start playing games again. I'd be interested in a Rome Total War 2 - hopefully they can correct some of the more asanine aspects of the first one.

Edited by Ursus

I've played Shogun 2 and it's great game, much better than its two recent predecessors - Napoleon and Empire Total War. I've also heard rumours that the next total war game will be Rome 2, but then again there were rumours that after Napoleon they were going to go to Rome, but instead they did Shogun 2. Ursus and others might be glad to hear that in the last few games, Napoleon and Shogun included, the Total War series has payed much more attention to historical accuracy after fans complained about all the weird stuff in Rome. What isn't a good thing is how Rome 2 will probably need a top of the range computer to run properly - and that's gone eat up your bank account.

Imagine this though, Shogun 2's graphics but with Romans instead of samurai (these are all in game screenshots) -

shogun-2-total-war-ss-01.jpg

shogun2tw_s7_thumb_616x462.jpg

www.totalvideogames.com_capture_the_flag_73543__size_655_1500.jpg

Here's some Rome Total War graphics for comparison -

rome1.jpg

By the time Rome 2 will have come out the graphics will have improved beyond Shogun 2. I can't wait to see how it looks. Hopefully the weapons and armour will be accurate.

Edited by DecimusCaesar