UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Italian stock rockets up

caesar novus

Just an observation of something that amazes me... an Italian biotech company stock has been rocketing up about 5 fold in the last few months http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?t=6m&s=GENT&l=off&z=l&q=l&c=efa&ql=1&c=^GSPC . Isn't the business environment hostile and crippled in Italy and Europe?

Isn't Europe dead set against meddling with DNA, GMO, etc? Apparently people become less purist and more hypocritical when they are sick and someone else is paying their bills http://www.gentium.it/ .

EDIT-> Ahh, I see their euro web page above doesn't highlight how their product is basically jamming pig DNA and human urine into patients (ok with me, if disclosed) http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=GENT

drug based on a mixture of single-and double-stranded DNA extracted from pig intestines for the treatment and prevention of veno-occlusive disease (VOD).

The company also provides ... Urokinase, which is made from human urine to dissolve fibrin clots.

Actually I welcome their success, nestled just on the Milan side of Lake Como. But beware of investing in this ticker=GENT at such a high price because it can crash very suddenly.

Edited by caesar novus

I used to live near the Monsanto holdings on Oahu, and made from a early start contact with all the environmental and farm groups th ere I could, it was my primary activity. 

I didn't find much evidence of evil  mutations happening..... mostly because the vast majority of farms on Oahu, outside of the Pineapple farms in the central plains, don't grow food. They grow flowers. Or horses. Horse flowers for a state that imports 92 percent of its food.

I can't see how GMF are unsafe or unhealthy. Doesn't make sense at a cellular level. But whatever, the obstruction against GMO foods is scientism, but one that plays out in a logical sequence that does raise awareness about Viroids (different from Viruses). 

In Hawaii's sad case, at least on Oahu, it's about the only food being produced, despite the very outspoken population of raw food enthusiasts, who have expert knowledge in all the facts except the facts you can observe and investigate in the field.

I think what Europe did to Africa is horrible, many people died because they couldn't sell drought resistant crops in European markets, much less for themselves for contamination. I think the head of environmental groups in Europe should be tried for crimes against humanity like Taylor did, and Assad is being charged for. Same results..... shit load of dead people who die for the delusions and lifestyles of a insulated population that doesn't give a rat's ads about them.

Very few countries in Europe even try to balance their parasitic insanity out. As much as I talk ill of Sweden, I will say at least they are very active peacekeepers. They actively deploy to the very countries the rest of the liberal world genocides via absurd policies (to which they are in part to blame, but none the less, I see the effort in a positive light).

All I ask of Europe is not to delay progress for some backwards, medieval fears born of the university. It's okay to be cautious and investigate. If your European, and you've eaten Soy, you've eaten GMO foods. It's mostly imported from Brazil, and its all Genetically Modified.

This said, stocks go up and down. Ignorance is the staple of every era, however supposedly enlightened. Europeans are still people, capable of folly and greatness, and are still evolving. We don't know what the attitudes will be in 30 years. Hear out their arguments, and my advice for dealing with Gilius holds to them..... have patience, and introduce them to concepts of Science, and ask them critically to elucidate themselves, and the structure of their belief. Where they are lacking, and the contradictions are. I can live with contradictions just fine, but science can't.

Gentium stock rose over 12% just today. That about equals the entire last 12 months of London stock market return, which highly paid people try to beat by even just a bit.

So again Italian knowhow turns pig guts and human urine into gold... I am reminded of the ancient Roman urine collectors (for laundry cleaning ammonia?) and animal guts diviners.