UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Archaeologists Discover Remains of Trojan Horse

Viggen

A team of Turkish archaeologists excavating on the site of the famous historical city of Troy, on the hills of Hisarlik, has uncovered a large structure made of wooden planks, that is presumed to be the remains of the legendary Trojan Horse. Dozens of fir planks and beams up to 15 meters long, that were once part of ancient  seafaring ships, have been found assembled together in a very unusual fashion and at a location that is inside the ancient city walls of the Homeric Troy. A heavily damaged bronze plate bearing an inscription translated as “For their return home, the Greeks dedicate this offering to Athena” was also found on the site, an additional proof that this could indeed be the Trojan Horse. This plate is in fact described by Quintus Smynaeus is his epic poem “Posthomerica”.

via World News Daily

Hmm, I'm sorry to say but given the news source of this article, I would not take it too seriously...

Check out their headlines here. It's pure rubbish!  :lol:

Also, World News Daily is listed as a fake news website: http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/Fake-News/tp/A-Guide-to-Fake-News-Websites.01.htm 

Oh and I just found a disclaimer on their website where they declare themselves to be a "political satire web publication", hehe. 

Case closed.  ;)

• Like 1

Ummm.... I give it better than 50-50 odds. But beyond the plate, you have no real evidence any piece of wood was ship made to horse, or just recycled rubbish from old ships to be burned for fuel.

I am also not convinced the plate is dated to the same period. It could of been a roman plate to attract tourists discarded and forgotten.

(The other posts loaded up late, I'm going to man up and be left a fool to everyone for even considering this.)

Edited by Onasander