UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Egyptians ran out of dead cats

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-32656743

Now I know why cats reproduce so fast, we likely breed them for the culling this way

Basically, the Egyptians had a fascination with killing and mummifying animals, and offering them to the gods, cause the Gods clearly needed 2 million wild birds fluttering around them, and a billion cats, in the afterlife.

But the demand outstripped supply, and only a third of mummies are authentic, in the sense of a full animal being mummified, another third have parts, and the last third are fake as it gets.

I'm now going to go over the concept of supply and demand and market forces in Austrian Economics and figure out what went wrong here. Its hardly the case there was a international dearth in cat carcass.... Yould think their merchants would be braving the seas in gallies, offering gold coin for dead cat in bewildered yet ready to comply ports around the Med, the ships sailing back bravely with 2 thousand cats hanging from their tails in the ships, laughing ferociously when some idiot pirate boards and discovers his booty consists purely of dead cat carcass.

Yet this didn't happen. Capitalism failed. I don't know why. There is obviously something wrong with our modern theory of economics.

The Cat Ship..... Meow!