UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Putin Accuses US of taking over world soccer

OK.... I read a lot of international news sites, and once in a while, a big scandel pops up, and it only affects one country.... drives them nuts, weeks to months of anger and obsessions, but on the US side.... absolute silence. A not too distant example, the US-Indian Diplomatic Immunity Crisis.... American News didn't even cover the court case till there was a verdict.

Now, currently, for whatever reason, by whatever powers, laws, treatises and excuses given (or simply ungiven), the US arrested a big chunk of FIFA's leadership in Switzerland. Dead honest, I don't understand it, or the law or logic behind it. I really don't, but once you start having world leaders weigh in on it, like Putin accusing the US of all countries of trying to take over international soccer of all things....

We don't play that silly third world sport. Its boring and pathetic, and the rules seem rather odd. No on scores, and people brawl, or stadiums full of Hispanics collapse if everyone jumps at the same time. Its just best not to get involved in such lowly plebian things. We Americans, we rather do stuff like cure diseases and put a man on the moon, or barbeque.... not play soccer. We just have too much self esteem to do such s thing.

So.... I really can't tell.... is this the first planetary wide antagonism against the US that the US population is absolutely oblivious about? Like, no one here knows anything about this stuff. I myself am suspicious, because apparently FIFA was having meetings and offices here in the US. I don't even think the US has a team anywhere. You would be very hard pressed to ask people on the street to name a US national soccer team. I'm reading there was hundreds of millions of dollars in bribes, so like, where is this money coming from? Not here. I don't think there is that kind of market here for that. Hundreds of dollars, maybe thousands in bribes, but not millions. That's a stupid waste of a backwards, pathetic sport.

If a war breaks out over this, or the UN launches sanctions on the US over this, we will all be here in the US stumped and flabbergasted, and will be forced simply to ban soccer permanently. We will target empty stadium fields across the planet and crater them when no one is around.

Its gotta be the oddest, most backwards conspiracy ever. We literally have zero desire to control soccer. What's next, send in a special forces strike on a international backgammon league? Cower synchronize swimming into submission? This sorta stuff is useless and stupid, and benefits us not one bit. Its absurdly useless.

US should just ban FIFA, put it on a terrorist watch list as a undesirable organization, banned from our shores. No balls, no soccer fields, Nada. Nothing. If they wanna bribe and be corrupt, go do it elsewhere. We don't need such fake sports here.

I really can't gauge to what extent this is actually weighing down on the minds of the average person living elsewhere, outside the US. Nothing being said here. I don't even know why we bothered with it. Just ban it and be done with it.

The Perception/Apperception Dichotomy.... and how it effects international relations and and how such seemingly unrelated frictions coordinate and grow from clique to group thinking, until the underlining causes of stress and war emerges, plunging civilization into war.

I just did a section of visuals on Onasander's (the Roman philosopher, not me) awareness of this dichotomy. Its better to check such things out in advance. Apparently Putin thinks this is potentially a fighting issue, a potential cause of war. It depends however on many issues.

If America is thrown into a world war over Soccer, it will come as a irritable and unreasonable surprise. Everyone will of formed a opinion on the issue, EXCEPT us, other than it was stupid to begin with. I talk of course from the perspective of the American public, not the government prosecution. Putin appears to care deeply about this.

I think the US has way bigger problems than 22 guys running after a ball, so not sure why you are so worried, and fact is 300 million like your football the rest of the world the football that is actually played with the foot, get over it...

• Like 1