UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

New Historical Fiction Novel

Skarr

Txs, Viggen.

I think the publisher has already submitted this. The date it will become available for sale (or pre-order) etc is September 15, 2005.

I have no idea how the publisher and Amazon work and I think all of this will become active or available for sale only on a particular date. Hopefully, the image of the book, synopsis and review will all appear on the above date.

In the meantime, I came across a killer site for various ancient worlds (apart from Rome, they have Greece, Egypt, etc. etc.)

You guys on unrv.com may be interested. I just joined and am checking out their various forums and groups. This is a paying site, however, and may not suitable for everyone.

The site is at : http://www.ancientworlds.net

• 3 weeks later...
very nice, i hope your book (and your site) will be a total success! :P

cheers

viggen

Viggen, I did get my "free book" and will be posting a review of this, once I've read it. This is "The Fall of Rome and the End of Civilization" by Bryan Ward-Perkins. The theory proposed sounds interesting, even a little intriguing and it does appear to have a number of scholarly references.

Thanks for your continuing encouragement and the others on this forum, who are too numerous to name. The real meat in my series will be in the sequel or the second book of the three part series, where most of the action takes place in the city of Rome. However, in order to get a proper perspective, you do need to read the first book.

• 3 weeks later...

I have posted a detailed review on HBO's "Rome" on my author site, for those who may be interested.

While you are there, do not forget to preview my novel, explore some cool links to Roman related groups and activities and also download excerpts from the "The Book" section on the sidebar.

Thanks in advance for looking!