UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

An Expanded On-line Tool

" A $1.4 million grant awarded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation in June will fund a collaborative project in which Stanford University Libraries, the University of Cambridge and Corpus Christi College, Cambridge, will make hundreds of medieval manuscripts accessible on the Internet. The Parker on the Web project will create electronic research tools and digitize library materials, including more than 500 manuscripts at the Parker Library dating from the 6th through the 16th centuries, as well as editions, translations and secondary works."

The i-Newswire article is here.

Tools like these make primary source research available for the non-academician.

I refer to pages like these all the time. While I'm more comfortable with print reproductions (and even the originals), nothing beats being awake at 2am - after getting the youngster settled again- and working more on my histories with the primaries right there.

Yes, along those lines but Parker also lets you call up low resolution images of the originals and then choose pages to have in high resolution.

As you know, it's sometimes good to see the marks on the original for translation purposes as well as cross checking other translations and judging how good they are to work from....