UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

POLL: In what areas would you like to see more content?

In what areas would you like to see more content (multi)?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What parts of this forum might draw out (us) lurkers if seeded with more activity?

• Introduce yourself
    • Broad history of the Romans
    • Religious aspects of Rome
    • Roman Legion and warfare
    • Daily life, culture and ethics
    • Roman related movies, television shows, games, etc.
    • News regarding Roman Archaeology
    • Academia
    • General history beyond the Roman and ancient world
    • British and Roman-Britain Archaeology
    • News regarding World (ex-Roman) Archaeology
    • Archaeology-related topics that are not News
    • Travel around your favorite ancient world destinations
    • Where almost anything can be discussed
    • Discuss Roman related goods for sale

Looking at the results above so far, I can draw a couple premature conclusions. The leading category is "Daily life, culture and ethics" (should say Roman), which isn't that surprising due to (1) was once very popular with 11k posts and only surpassed by a couple others. More importantly (2) the posting frequency has dropped relatively low to around weekly, so there seems appetite for more if folks want to introduce more content.

It might seem odd that that the quite active Roman archeology categories are still flagged for more content desired. Collectively they have roughly daily activity. In my case I wasn't so much voting for more activity, but distinguishing between non Roman archeology with no vote there. I would rather see 100 more Roman archeo posts than 1 more Etruscan or Minoan one for example. This isn't intolerance, but making judgement calls after endless hours of trying to sympathize with many enigmatic cultures in anthropology courses.

Some of the categories are confusing, like does "General history beyond the Roman and ancient world" really want to exclude the rest of ancient world? There is no obvious other place for Greek history for example. I'm sure it doesn't but it may muddy up the voting as well as some apparent overlap. That and this topic itself really belongs in "for discussing the UNRV site" category, but that one has been locked to prevent new topics.

Edited by caesar novus