UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Excavations For Students

Tom182

It is depend on where are you from. I came to agreement with one of the universities myself. You must know about any excavations for students and argue why you may take part in excavations.

I dont know where are you from and it is hard for me to understand what excavations need for you really.

I think the students of classic archaeology must have any practic. Or your college (or anything else) cannot give any summer job for the students? :D

Im from Slovakia...University of Trnava...I just wanted to know if someone know about some archeological excavations abroad (for example Italy) where can go students for practice...

..our University doesnt have own research...and can give us contact just in Slovakia...so Im trying some other way... :D

Start sending emails to archaeology professors at universities throughout Europe. Most professors are eager to help students who show interest and initiative.

Really good advise. I did so. Then I was agreed for formal talks to the University and I'll have good practic work in summer. But not all professors like to help to foreign students. If you haven't any archaeological practic before you must be very inquisitive student when talk with professors. Browse University's sites and you can find information about plans for digs.

Im from Slovakia...University of Trnava...I just wanted to know if someone know about some archeological excavations abroad (for example Italy) where can go students for practice...

..our University doesnt have own research...and can give us contact just in Slovakia...so Im trying some other way... ;)

A friend of mine is studying classic archaeology in Innsbruck/Austria, she was two years in excavating in the roman town Aguntum (I even made a little report of it with some pics http://www.unrv.com/roman-events/aguntum.php

Maybe you can contact the University of Innsbruck?

try this email (you can write in english if you cant speak german) auslandsabteilung at uibk.ac.at

cheers

viggen

• 2 weeks later...