caesar novus Posted Sunday at 10:29 PM Report Share Posted Sunday at 10:29 PM (edited) A building blew up close enough to Athen's Arch of Hadrian to probably give it a shake. Half dozen victims found so far. That was the first area I explored in Athens, which has super gigantic columns laying around from Roman (not Greek) temples. I think this early drawing shows some standing. I also came across smoking ruins of an exploded bank building while wandering. Edited Sunday at 10:36 PM by caesar novus Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
guidoLaMoto Posted 3 hours ago Report Share Posted 3 hours ago A) Are we to understand that you're in Athens now? 2) Do you have a good alibi as to your whereabouts at the time of the explosion? C) Gas leak, terrorism or overzealous bank robber? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
caesar novus Posted 2 hours ago Author Report Share Posted 2 hours ago (edited) 1 hour ago, guidoLaMoto said: A) Are we to understand that you're in Athens now? 2) Do you have a good alibi as to your whereabouts at the time of the explosion? C) Gas leak, terrorism or overzealous bank robber? i) No, my IP address can prove I posted from home under the outer 50mph bands of hurricane Nolo, the 3rd very near miss we've had in 2 months. ii) Most speculation is a big gas leak. I note 5 of the 6 victims are tourists, who may have been b&b-ing with unfamiliar gas appliances. iii) I do recall recent controversial announcements of Greek cooperation with Israel, I guess to counter Turquiyee and Russiyaa. Anadolu Ajansi: Quote Despite domestic protests and regional tensions, Greek officials, including Foreign Minister George Gerapetritis, have reaffirmed that Athens will continue strengthening its defense and technological cooperation with Israel as a core pillar of its foreign policy. Edited 1 hour ago by caesar novus Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.