Jump to content
UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Deadly Athens Explosion Near Arch Of Hadrian


Recommended Posts

A building blew up close enough to Athen's Arch of Hadrian to probably give it a shake. Half dozen victims found so far. That was the first area I explored in Athens, which has super gigantic columns laying around from Roman (not Greek) temples. I think this early drawing shows some standing. I also came across smoking ruins of an exploded bank building while wandering.

9968628-orig.jpg

 

 

Edited by caesar novus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, guidoLaMoto said:

A) Are we to understand that you're in Athens now?

2) Do you have a good alibi as to your whereabouts at the time of the explosion?

C) Gas leak, terrorism or overzealous bank robber?

i) No, my IP address can prove I posted from home under the outer 50mph bands of hurricane Nolo, the 3rd very near miss we've had in 2 months.

ii) Most speculation is a big gas leak. I note 5 of the 6 victims are tourists, who may have been b&b-ing with unfamiliar gas appliances.

iii) I do recall recent controversial announcements of Greek cooperation with Israel, I guess to counter Turquiyee and Russiyaa. Anadolu Ajansi:

Quote

Despite domestic protests and regional tensions, Greek officials, including Foreign Minister George Gerapetritis, have reaffirmed that Athens will continue strengthening its defense and technological cooperation with Israel as a core pillar of its foreign policy.

 

Edited by caesar novus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad you dodged the bullet of the storm.

From the pic, it looks like just a regular house took the brunt of that explosion. A bank and the ancient structures just happened to be nearby.

My friend's gas clothes drier developed a leak a few yrs ago and exploded. It leveled the house, broke windows up & down the block. He was in the far end of the building at the time but it still blew him so far down the sidewalk that the firefighters who found him thought he was a pedestrian just passing by. Luckily he had only minor bruises from the landing. Nasty stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...