UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

The History Of The Ancient Romans:report

Zeke

Well, I am a Solfmore and in a world history class and the greatest moment of my teenage years has come:

I have to write a report on the ancient Romans and ther empire, outling their rulers, their major historical accomplishments and the extent of their empire. Well I have basically been given absoulte freedom for this report and it can BE ANY LEANGTH! Isn't that amazing? Well I have to cite almost every sentence, so along with my 128 page report that I plan on writing, it will be boosted to something like 140 pages because of all the citations.

Well my friends at UNRV this is my biggest moment to shine and smash any doubt that I am Optimas Maximuis in my history class. I get 1 point in marked off from every citation I get wrong so I need to do everything correctly.

So I bow before Caeser (Primus Pilus) and ask if I can use matieral from this site in my citations and bibliography.

So yeah, everyone please wish me luck, and give me any suggestions you have.

Thanks,

Zeke

Wow, even I'm not that dedicated right now in my sophomore year. Well I am dedicated in my Latin class. Right now, I'm personally try to get my teacher to teach me how to read and translatereal Roman inscriptions, awesome.

Ergo, Zeke, spero te omnes praestent qui in tuo itinere stant.

if I can use matieral from this site in my citations and bibliography.

Of course you can. Keep in mind that I haven't documented or used footnote support throughout, so if you need more detailed souce information, just let me know.

The bibliography is a little out of date but hopefully it will provide the basics of what you need.

The best advice I have for you Zeke is to use the ancient sources but to take them with a grain of salt and as in any primary source you need to be skeptical and try to break them down and think about who wrote it, who the intended reader was, why they wrote. A lot of these questions will help you determine chatacteristics of the primary source such as how biased it was, or how much of it you can believe as being credible. My fav. ancient historians being Livy and Thucydides tended to be biased and the speeches they used in the text were often the political beliefs of the historian put into the text as being said by say Fabius Maximus or in the Thucydides example Pericles. Hopefully this helps you.

Thanks guys, I really appriciate it. How about every section of Roman History I show to you people so you can add you little little insite to it.

And at the end of my bibliography I can say something like this:

And my special thanks to the folks at UNRV for their continued support and recomendations.

;)

Zeke

accually........how about.......when I get done with the report I can post in the special area of the Roman Empire secton of the forum. Because it will be treamedously long, all with Lord Primus's premission of coarse

Zeke