UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Extremely Bad Weather

Currently right now, the situation in Chicago is very dire and deadly. When I got out of school today from Advent Liturgy mass, I was suddenly greeted by a snowstorm(out at suburbs). An hour later when I got home, I discovered that it was even worse where I lived in Chicago, right near the lakefront, the snow was blinding, and as now its STILL snowing and has been for the last 8-10 hours. It's so bad that regular traffic on commutes have become 3 times the total time. Example, don't even bother try getting to O'hare airport by car, it'll only be a 2-4 hour bumper to bumper ride.

Now I mentioned about a deadly part, I'm sad to inform that an Southwest airplane broke through a barrier at Midway airport due the extremely runway being slippery. There is no one to blame because with it bad already, the airport maintenance was extremely busy clearing and defrosting the runstrips, yet nature is unrelenting and the airstrips being cleared 24/7.Sadly, when the plane broke through the barrier it hitted two cars. Even more unfortunate, the front of the plane hit a car dead on, which the car happened to be carrying 5 passengers. Sadly, a 6 year old boy died later at the hostipal due to the incident, he was in the car.

I'm just trying to inform our fellow Americans that the weather is really horrible and I'm just wondering how or now that you should be preparing for a bad snowstorm.

Edited by FLavius Valerius Constantinus

That's really tragic about the little boy.

I am currently in Charlottesville, Virginia. We've gotten some sleet and snow, and expect some more, though it's not too bad. Virginia fortunately is not known for really vicious winters.

I'm in Northern Virginia in the DC metro area. Tomorrow (today really) they're calling for a "wintry mix".

Really? What city do you live in? I'm from Alexandria. I'm in Charlottesville because I'm attending UVA.

UVA's a great school although I'm partial to UNC since I'm an alumni. I live in Arlington. Moved up from Chapel Hill where I went to grad school after many years of active duty at Ft Bragg.