UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Help! Wikipedia

frankq

Is it just me, or is editing at Wikipedia next to impossible, with directions they offer almost incomprehensible? They have all these layout references and subsections which leave me more confused than before. I'm told to wikify my article, but how? They say ''see references'' and I'm dizzy and can't figure anything out.

Is it just me, or is editing at Wikipedia next to impossible, with directions they offer almost incomprehensible? They have all these layout references and subsections which leave me more confused than before. I'm told to wikify my article, but how? They say ''see references'' and I'm dizzy and can't figure anything out.

I never really messed with that. Just go to the article you want to add to, click the 'edit' link above the particular paragraph you want to ammend or the 'edit this page' link if you want to add a section. Then make sure you click the preview to make sure it looks like what you want it to look like. I also add a comment on the discussion page for justification. Make sure to click on the history of this page link to see previous changes and if any of them reflect the one you are trying to make and were re-edited.

Wikipedia's a two-edged sword, if you get a page that some wiki-nanny is babysitting and they have a particular POV that's different from your it can get ugly with counter-editing and so on. There's a lot of 'consensus' articles that make for lowest common denominator reading and I find the discussion pages almost as interesting.

I never really messed with that. Just go to the article you want to add to, click the 'edit' link above the particular paragraph you want to ammend or the 'edit this page' link if you want to add a section. Then make sure you click the preview to make sure it looks like what you want it to look like. I also add a comment on the discussion page for justification. Make sure to click on the history of this page link to see previous changes and if any of them reflect the one you are trying to make and were re-edited.

Wikipedia's a two-edged sword, if you get a page that some wiki-nanny is babysitting and they have a particular POV that's different from your it can get ugly with counter-editing and so on. There's a lot of 'consensus' articles that make for lowest common denominator reading and I find the discussion pages almost as interesting.

I've had no problem there as you describe, adding and subtracting false data, it's the pages that I myself have created that are stymieing me. I think you're right, it might be a wiki-nanny. I have no idea what I'm suppose to do to ''wikify'' something, etc.