UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

When Did The Empire Fall?

Kathleenb

Deleted as irrelevant, the work's already been submitted. Apologies for my stupidity in not checking that first.

Constructive criticism is never irrelevant - feel free to re-post. I'd be interested to see what you have to say. I have to warn you, though, that my prof liked it better than you did according to your PM. :D

This was the final version I submitted. Didn't change much in the opening paragraphs.

The question of when the Roman Empire fell assumes both that the Roman Empire did, indeed, fall, and that there was an identifiable event or moment that marked its fall. Certainly there is much room for debate as to the cause of the decay and "fall" of the empire

Edited by Kathleenb

All comments refer to the quoted passage above them.

When Did the Roman Empire Tumble?

The question of when the Roman Empire fell assumes both that the Roman Empire did, indeed, fall, and that there was an identifiable event or moment that marked its fall. Certainly there is much room for debate as to the cause of the decay and "fall" of the empire

That was quick! Thanks - especially considering that nearly everyone else wanted to debate the dates rather than discuss my paper! :D I appreciate your time and thought. I did not condense as much as you would have liked in the final version (although I can see that I could have done so to get down to bare bones to meet the suggested word count), but I think I did a better job of tying things together and explaining why some of the material (that you didn't get) was there.

Kathleen

(And I didn't think that was harsh, by the way - harsh IMO is more in attitude and tone... critiquing content and style when asked is all fair game!)

Edited by Kathleenb