UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

The Greatest Cricket Match Ever

Viggen

(this is probably more for my commonwealth friends) :ph34r:

This was the greatest ODI (One Day International) ever played. Australia made a mammoth 435 and South Africa was able to chase it down with just one wicket remaining. Ponting for Aussies and Gibbs for S. Africa played mind blowing innings. Over 850 runs were scored in a day with most number of sixes ever hit. Bowlers had a terrible time with Mick lewis going for 116 of just 10 overs, the most expensive spell in ODI. Watch it and enjoy!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4...0845704&q=gibbs (over an hour footage)

I remember the (imo) previous best ODI ever, also between SA and Australia that SA lost by one wicket, (i think it was in the last WC semi-final) this is just awesome how those two teams compete...

cheers

viggen

I couldn't believe that - there i was celebrating at another Australian record - and the South African team beats us!

But yeah, Australia is toning down now, letting a few other teams get some glory for a change; if Australia was to win all the time, the game would be just boring - we've got to be fair :P

But seriously, South Africa just outdid us completely that day; good on them :D

I'm prepared to overlook his "private" life if he continues to take exorbitant amounts of wickets for Australia :)

For god's sakes, leave the best spin bowler in the world alone, paparazzi ;)

Edited by Tobias

• 2 weeks later...