UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Italian Manpower 225 Bc - Ad 14

Virgil61

I went to possibly purchase this much quoted book by Brunt. At over 700 pages, it's only available in hardcover which is fine, but then I saw the price: Italian Manpower 225 B.C.-A.D. 14 $325.00, Oxford University Press!!! Are they insane? Think I'll pass on this one.

I hope it's got solid gold lining on the book cover.

Well, while i cant guarantee you anything, i will speak with PP if we maybe can come up with some sort of help for you. I do happen to know a place were you can get it for under 200 bucks, + shipping, although still, this book better be good lol...

Well, while i cant guarantee you anything, i will speak with PP if we maybe can come up with some sort of help for you. I do happen to know a place were you can get it for under 200 bucks, + shipping, although still, this book better be good lol...

Thanks, but no need to worry about it Viggen. I have the money but could never justify in my mind spending this much on a book. I can always walk over to the Georgetown University library across the river (my move to Seattle was postponed until next month) and browse for free. Heck, for $300 I could build up a fine library of Penguin classics.

• 1 month later...