UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Ufo Research: Findings Vs. Facts

A decade from now, researchers should have even better instrumentation at their disposal and better data on UAP of several varieties. His forecast is that scientific rigor will prevail, demonstrating that there are "stable, mobile, unusual, poorly documented phenomena with quite unusual properties manifesting within our atmosphere,"

Full Story

Certainly much published UFO material is unreliable and, I think, misleading. It lacks (to re-use the word used above) rigour, and any sort of academic standard in documentation or evidence.

Some years ago i decided to look into two famous cases for myself: Roswell (US) and Rendlesham Forest (UK). Admittedly I only used secondary sources - but I adopted a simple rule. I would only accept any "fact" attested to by at least two separate named "sources". After several months, I had NOTHING to show for my pains!!

Add to that that almost all claims by individuals, when pursued and investigated thoroughly, are almost always blown.

In the case of Roswell, Jesse Martel (who made himself quite widely famous and was depicted in a movie) has been shown to have lied - not too strong a term - about his own life and work. How then can anything he says about the UFO incident be taken seriously? What he says may be true - but his personal unreliability (specifically a tendency to overstate his role and exaggerate) totally undermines his testimony.

Again the mortician in the Roswell case had both his claims and own record explored. A nurse he gave details of could not be traced in any record, and there is much to sustain a belief that he was conflating two incidents which occurred some years apart.

UFOs may be real, but NOTHING I have seen from those who claim to believe in them has been remotely convincing. UFOlogists destroy their own case.

Phil

My problem with UFO's and aliens is that they visit Earth from the other side of the Moon, Mars or some planet light years away, traveling all this distance in a magical machine, and never land close to NYC, London or Rome. They always seem to abduct some witless clod :wacko: ; conduct medical experiments on them :) ; have sex :o with them and then cut them loose. :huh: The aliens build pyramids, make crop circles and draw lines in the desert. Yet, they never seem to set up a colony after all their trouble. :o

But then I could be wrong for the second time in my life. :) Look at who are running the show in Washington! :stupid: