UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Film of 1903 U of Chicago v Michigan football game

Virgil61

Thanks for the link Virgil... I've passed this on to all the Michigan slappy's I know (and trust me there are alot of them in these parts).

Looking forward to November 18 in Columbus.

What's really interesting is it's in the days before the forward pass was instituted. The game looks a bit like a bridge between rugby and today's football. The famous Amos Alonzo Stagg was Chicago's coach.

Nov 18 ought to be a hell of a game, though I'm a Tar Heel fan first (pining for the days of Mack Brown) and a Notre Dame fan second.

Thanks for the link Virgil... I've passed this on to all the Michigan slappy's I know (and trust me there are alot of them in these parts).

Looking forward to November 18 in Columbus.

What's really interesting is it's in the days before the forward pass was instituted. The game looks a bit like a bridge between rugby and today's football.

Yes you can still see the roots in other games before it evolved with its own unique identity. I'd think its fascinating to watch even if one isn't an American football fan.