UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

How much of Rome do you see in America?

Augustine

You know what i mean when I say "wasnt known till the 1500s".

I think theres alot more Roman influence as far as gonverment in america than any recent country. When I say America is the "New Rome" im speaking of its influence on the world. Which many other countries can be made a case for. But its somewhat a term used for a greatly influentel country.

Lately this "universal history" folder has become nothing but a bad excuse to discuss modern American politics.

I can understand you frustration here, Ursus, but I think there is only this and one other thread which is currently discussing modern day US politics. But given that The US is currently the richest, most influential and (politically) the most interesting country in the world at present, surely that is no surprise? Given that there are more Americans suscribing to this forum than any other nationality, it also gives us non-citizens a chance to learn something, or to inform on things which may have escaped the media in the US, and I think thats a good thing.

I'll take your word for it.

But I think Pertinax's suggestion of moving it is rather sound.