UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

March 07 Essay Entry

Primus Pilus

I'm not going to write this very same message in several threads, so I hope all those to whom this applies reads it. (And I apologize to AoS for any potential sappiness that may ensue :whistling: )

I am so terribly impressed by the level of dedication and enthusiasm shown by some of our younger entrants. When I was that age I may have been doing an extensive amount of reading on my own merit, but I was largely focused on figuring out how I could possibly get every young lady I came in contact with to remove her skirt/bra. While I was a good student, I largely coasted my way through school. I clearly had a blossoming love for history but its terribly unlikely I would've taken it upon myself to join and actively challenge my own educational growth in a community such as this. I hope that other student members (along with the lot of us) continue to participate, to learn, to inspire and to be inspired.

Surely a prize can be a motivation, but when I consider members in their late teens or early twenties working hard on these independent projects on top of other school responsibilities, I can't help but be impressed and encouraged by their obvious love of history.

Thank You!