UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

The mummy's curse: historical cohort study

Salve,guys! The publication of this articule got a number of mailed questions with their respective answer. I am going to poste here some of them:

Mummy's Curse - Junk Science PD Harper,

I did not spot anywhere in the article where it mentioned what the mummy's curse was, so how can a reader put into context the conclusions? I don't beleive in curses but I also don't believe in junk science. There is no defintion of what "exposure" to the curse in means. I believe the curse was: "Death Shall Come on Swift Wings To Him Who Disturbs the Peace of the King" Does this defintion limit the recipient of the curse to a male and to one person only? The conculsion is based on dishonest a premise; Quote: "What this study adds There was no association between "potential exposure" to the mummy's curse during the excavation of Tutankamen's tomb and death within 10 years. No evidence was found for the existence of a mummy's curse"

"Potential exposure" should not have been the the focus of the study; it should have been focussed on actual exposure and 10 years hardly seems to fit in with the "swift wings" part.

TO BE CONTINUED