UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

SPQR- Rome-based simulation

Elfers

Patres Conscripti,

It is 480 years after the founding, and the small Republic of Rome looks out at a hostile Mediterranean world, full of foreign powers and barbarians, its fate most uncertain. Only the prophesies of the Augurs of Janus indicate that the city will rise to great prominence: but who can believe such mystical ramblings when the world is so full of danger? Perhaps Janus looks upon Rome with such favor because of the high quality of its men: men who are noble, just and strong, who are capable of leading the city through the rough future that awaits all grand enterprises.

This is a game in which you take control of a Roman gens, either patrician or plebeian, and attempt to rise to political prominence against your rivals within the city, while at the same time cooperating with them to fend off barbarian invasions and greedy foreign powers who would like to subjugate Italia and its environs. The system is in part based on 'Fall of Rome' by SPI, and some of the die-roll principles will seem familiar. But largely it is an original system designed by me, a GM with seven years of experience, who takes his greatest pleasure in creating exciting online-playable, interactive strategic simulations.

Here is the game's URL: http://www.moralism.org/warandpeace/forum/index.php

To play is free; turns are roughly once every week, and Senate debates are always ongoing. The format includes a turnly newsletter that contains relevant information; players also must submit turn sheets that hold informaton about the gentes (e.g. how many iugeria of land they hold, harvest yields, etc). The rules are written and I can assure you that I will never break them; if it is written, then it's as good as if it were in the Twelve Tables themselves! ;)

My own play group is about 7-8 strong, and I really need a few more good senators to help me keep this game's momentum going. You will enjoy yourselves immensely, especially if you enjoy a dash of roleplaying to go along with your strategic plotting. Feel free to ask any questions you have here; I'll gladly answer. :)

Thanks very much for your attention, and for the use of your message board -- I cleared this with one of your administrators before posting.

Feel free to also contact me at fidesratioque@yahoo.com if you want to get in touch with me directly. You're welcome to do so!

Valete, amici!

Elfers

Edited by Elfers