UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Tacitus

ASCLEPIADES

Salve, Amici

I'm currently hearing the life edition of this program.

There will a repetition within 12 1/2 hours, and you could hear it again from their archive (unfortunately, only for the next week).

I would like to know your opinions on this emission.

Edited by ASCLEPIADES

Sorry for my last post.

I had to wait until the emission finished to posted it rightly.

Next emission (repetition) will be:

21:30 (Greewich time; 16:30 Eastern Time)

In Our Time

Tacitus and the Decadence of Rome

Melvyn Bragg and guests Catherine Edwards, Ellen O'Gorman and Maria Wyke discuss the Roman historian Tacitus, banquets, orgies, Hollywood epics and the process of making history.

The emission lasts 45 minutes. Its summary:

Well spotted, Aesclepiades. I am a voracious Radio 4 listener, but I overlooked this one!

Well spotted, Aesclepiades. I am a voracious Radio 4 listener, but I overlooked this one!

What program does one need to listen to this?

Log onto the link given in Aesclepiades' third post on this thread. Then click on 'Listen Live'. Once the next window comes up, scroll down the list of programmes and click on 'In Our Time'. That should do it - If you have not already got it, you may need 'quicktime for windows' to run this.

Edited by Northern Neil

What program does one need to listen to this?

Log onto the link given in Aesclepiades' third post on this thread. Then click on 'Listen Live'. Once the next window comes up, scroll down the list of programmes and click on 'In Our Time'. That should do it - If you have not already got it, you may need 'quicktime for windows' to run this.

Thank you! But while I was at work, I found it on iTunes and downloaded it there.