UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Google "Street View" Available for Contemp Rome

Ludovicus

Major Italian cities are being added to Google's "Street View" option on Google's map service. Just go to Google, then choose Maps. Place an address in the search window and then choose "Street View." An icon of a human will appear on the map at your address. Click on it and you can "walk" up or down the street. What a great way to visit your favorite streets in modern Rome.

Edited by Ludovicus

Major Italian cities are being added to Google's "Street View" option on Google's map service. Just go to Google, then choose Maps. Place an address in the search window and then choose "Street View." An icon of a human will appear on the map at your address. Click on it and you can "walk" up or down the street. What a great way to visit your favorite streets in modern Rome.

Salve L, et gratiam habeo for such useful advice!

Edited by ASCLEPIADES

Salve L, et gratiam habeo for such useful advice!

Yes, it's an incredible web application. I was able to do a 360 degree turn on one street. Just a few minutes ago I was able to find my favorite hotel in Rome, the Tirreno, on San Martino ai Monti, on the Esquiline. Love that block, graffiti filled though it is. I wish I knew how to insert an image in this text block. Think how handy it would be to use a "street view" image from Google to enhance a text entry about a particular location.