UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

L'Esercito Romano: Armamento ed Organizzazione

Viggen

L'Esercito Romano: Armamento ed Organizzazione by Giuseppe Cascarino

review by joe

While many have already written about the Roman army, and I'm sure many will do so again, this highly researched piece provides an enormous wealth of knowledge. Although currently only available in the original Italian version, and more of a gathering of information than a provider of much new insight, it does what it sets out to do very well. Giuseppe Cascarinos experience in experimental archaeology and work with reenacters has given him a rare insight into the world of the Roman soldier...

...read the full review of L'Esercito Romano: Armamento ed Organizzazione by Giuseppe Cascarino

May I point out that this is our first book that is not available in English and we are therefore extra proud to be able to present the review!

Given how many of our members are literate in more than one language I was slightly suprised that it has taken until now for someone to take up the challenge of reviewing one of the vast corpus of non-English books which can provide interesting insights into less commonly cited aspects of the Roman period.

So all in all well done to Joe for blazing the trail. :thumbsup:

PS a personal plea to please try and keep your reviews in English, even if the subject is in a non-English language, otherwise now we are getting back in the groove (we have a few more reviews in hand already on the stocks waiting to be launched) it may take us longer than normal for someone to check them before they can be posted. ;)