UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Summer of Love, 40th Anniversary

For those who didn't know it (I'm sure Docoflove knows it, living in San Francisco as she does), this year marks the 40th Anniversary of the Summer of Love.

For any aging hippies or new generation hippies around here who care to celebrate, I'm doing my 'gramming thing by offering hippy names to anyone who wants them.

As before, just give me a scramble of your name (for privacy, if you like) and, through the magic of anagramming, I'll happily hippify you with a suitable hippy name that you can wear with your tie-dyed, paisley-patterned, bell-bottoms and shades.

Peace, baby. :)

-- "Calleann Phree" (a.k.a. Nephele)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who didn't know it (I'm sure Docoflove knows it, living in San Francisco as she does), this year marks the 40th Anniversary of the Summer of Love.

Oh yeah...Ms. Joplin has been heard wailing away the blues in many parts around here...esp. my car :)

Oh yeah...Ms. Joplin has been heard wailing away the blues in many parts around here...esp. my car :)

This definitely calls for your hippification, Doc. Luckily I have your name scramble already handy. With a wave of my magical anagram wand, I transform you into a hippie chick named...

Zahrah Noheli Starbeam

= zabrrmsahnehaoealith

Rock on out.

-- Nephele

Heheh Noheli almost looks like Noel...like Christmas time...almost perfect for me! Groovy, baby!

You guessed it -- "Noheli" is actually a feminine Hispanic name derived from "Noel". "Zahrah" is Arabic meaning "flower" -- perfect name for a Flower Child.

-- Calleann Phree (a.k.a. Nephele)

You guessed it -- "Noheli" is actually a feminine Hispanic name derived from "Noel". "Zahrah" is Arabic meaning "flower" -- perfect name for a Flower Child.

Close...usually, as I've seen it, it's Noelia...and for someone born on New Years' Eve, it's good enough!

Zahrah...flower...sweeeeeeeeeet.

oops.

GROOOOOOOOOOOOOVY

• 2 weeks later...

Close...usually, as I've seen it, it's Noelia...and for someone born on New Years' Eve, it's good enough!

Zahrah...flower...sweeeeeeeeeet.

oops.

GROOOOOOOOOOOOOVY

Yah, got to get your groovies straight, DoL.

And now since The Augusta has given me her middle name (well, at least the one she should have had), I can hippify her, too, in anagram:

Kloe Isis Soulgate

Heheh. The Augusta makes a groovy flower child. :lol:

-- Nephele

Edited by Nephele

And now since The Augusta has given me her middle name (well, at least the one she should have had), I can hippify her, too, in anagram:

Kloe Isis Soulgate

Heheh. The Augusta makes a groovy flower child. ;)

-- Nephele

Wow! Now this sits well with my often split personality. On the one hand I can float about in a cornfield in a very diaphanous frock, sniffing a buttercup and quoting Shelley - that's the Kloe bit. But my other self, of course, is a mysterious, sultry sort of thing in a clingy purple velvet robe which trails across the stone floor in the moonlight - the Isis and Soulgate bits. I would have been the one in the tent at a rock festival, reading Tarot cards for everyone. Hmm 1967 - I was only 9 years old, and a bridesmaid at my eldest sister's wedding. I may even scan in a pic in the gallery to give you all a laugh!

Edited by The Augusta

Kloe Isis Soulgate

Heheh. The Augusta makes a groovy flower child. ;)

-- Nephele

Wow! Now this sits well with my often split personality. On the one hand I can float about in a cornfield in a very diaphanous frock, sniffing a buttercup and quoting Shelley - that's the Kloe bit. But my other self, of course, is a mysterious, sultry sort of thing in a clingy purple velvet robe which trails across the stone floor in the moonlight - the Isis and Soulgate bits. I would have been the one in the tent at a rock festival, reading Tarot cards for everyone. Hmm 1967 - I was only 9 years old, and a bridesmaid at my eldest sister's wedding. I may even scan in a pic in the gallery to give you all a laugh!

Yes, do this! I will scan one in of me in short pants with chocolate all round my mouth!

Hmm 1967 - I was only 9 years old, and a bridesmaid at my eldest sister's wedding. I may even scan in a pic in the gallery to give you all a laugh!

Yes, do this! I will scan one in of me in short pants with chocolate all round my mouth!

I second that motion! A picture of Kloe Isis Soulgate as a 9-year-old bridesmaid would be adorable! And, if it was an outdoor wedding with everyone barefoot, that would hippy-correct. I'm trying to picture you in short pants, NN. ;)

In the meantime, I'll zap up a couple more hippies for you to give tarot readings at the virtual rock festival, Kloe. Hmm... How about Primus Pilus and Viggen? (I'd zap up our third Triumvir, Moonlapse, as well, 'cept he's never given me a name scramble to work with.)

Primus Pilus now becomes...

'Tophor Earthschine

Viggen becomes...

Tiarchnach Spiritsongs

(Tiarchnach, pronounced TEAR-nakh, is Irish Gaelic, meaning "Chief" or "Lord".)

Off now in search of Northern Neil's scramble, so I can add him to our virtual rock festival.

-- Calleann Phree (a.k.a. Nephele)

Are you guys actually hippies...because I seriously have a thing against them for a very good reason. :suprise::no::suprise:

Yah, that's right, FVC -- we're all hippies. Just as we're also all Crayola crayons and pedigreed pups.

Now, hold on to your bell-bottomed butt, because YOU are going to be the next to be hippified. [insert evil, maniacal laughter]

P.S. to DoL -- Fun news article!

-- Nephele

FLavius Valerius Constantinus, you have been hippified as...

Hinch Doughnot

(ogtionhchnhdu)

Northern Neil, here's your hippification as...

Rharrison Rainchilde

-- Nephele

I LIKE it! If I wasn't such a '50's throwback, I'd DEFINITELY be a hippie!! And now, NN aged five, Summer of Love 1967!!! (My mother is only 4ft. 9, so I wasn't that tall really!)

62ibj9i.jpg

Edited by Northern Neil