UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Finding UNRV Content in Wikipedia Articles

Wikipaedia explicitly states that (SIC) "Content that violates any copyrights will be deleted" and that they considered themselves ruled by the regulations on copyrights of the state of Florida.

Have you tried to contact the "Wikipaedia folks"?

No, I haven't. I know that Primus Pilus went through a veritable circus trying to get his own stuff removed from Wikipedia for a long time. If you know whom to contact and if you'd care to PM me the info, I'd be most appreciative.

-- Nephele

No, sorry. I just clicked on some of the Wikipaedia's hotlinks. PP will surely be able to guide you within these issues.

My guess would be that, even if legal actions were not a practical option, you can always create an account for editing the relevant article(s) and/or to link them to UNRV (but again, this is only a guess).

I think this is a most interesting topic for many of us that may well deserve its own thread, so we may be able to check on the contributions of other UNRV members.

After making several polite inquiries at Wikipedia, I am pleased to say that the matter (regarding content taken from one of my UNRV articles and not being credited to me) has been resolved amicably.

The person responsible for editing the Wiki article titled "Praenomen" has not only credited me for the information taken from my UNRV article, but has also included a link to my article here at UNRV.

I think Sylla had a good idea to suggest that the subject of UNRV content being found uncredited at Wikipedia is a topic that deserves its own thread.

So I'm posting this, for anyone else here who may come across a Wiki article that clearly includes uncredited information from a UNRV article. Just post here whatever it is that you found, if you wish to bring it to the attention of any UNRV article author.

I think, in most cases, such issues with Wiki can be resolved amicably. At least, my own issue was.

-- Nephele