UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Elaborate Measures Keep King Tut Safe

JGolomb

Elaborate measures keep Tut collection safe

Interesting feature on some of the security measures surrounding the 5-year North American tour of artifacts of King Tut. If you have the chance to see it, I highly recommend a visit. I hit the show in Philadelphia about two years ago and it's breathtaking.

e70a37d149b6b20a9156c901836d.jpeg

I'm already making plans to see this exhibit when it comes to New York City's Discovery Times Square Exposition in April.

btw, I thought the recent "Lucy's Legacy" exhibit at DTSX was a bit of a disappointment. It was, like, nine-tenths propaganda for Ethiopia's tourism (?) industry, or whatever, before you even got to the actual exhibit on Lucy and her evolutionary relatives. Honestly, I had little to zero interest in learning about King Haile Selassie's connection to the Rastafarians.

The Titanic exhibit (which ran concurrently with the Lucy exhibit at DTSX) received far more visitors -- even after DTSX halved the price of the tickets for the Lucy exhibit. I think a number of people were put off by the Ethiopian government's annoying pushing of "What a Wonderful Nation We Have in Ethiopia!"

I sure hope the Tut exhibit doesn't turn out to be the same thing with Egypt.

-- Nephele

I'm already making plans to see this exhibit when it comes to New York City's Discovery Times Square Exposition in April.

btw, I thought the recent "Lucy's Legacy" exhibit at DTSX was a bit of a disappointment. It was, like, nine-tenths propaganda for Ethiopia's tourism (?) industry, or whatever, before you even got to the actual exhibit on Lucy and her evolutionary relatives. Honestly, I had little to zero interest in learning about King Haile Selassie's connection to the Rastafarians.

The Titanic exhibit (which ran concurrently with the Lucy exhibit at DTSX) received far more visitors -- even after DTSX halved the price of the tickets for the Lucy exhibit. I think a number of people were put off by the Ethiopian government's annoying pushing of "What a Wonderful Nation We Have in Ethiopia!"

I sure hope the Tut exhibit doesn't turn out to be the same thing with Egypt.

-- Nephele

Neph - if it's the same set up as I saw in Philly, don't worry. Aside from the giant gift shop with...wait for it - Zahi Hawass-branded clothing, including his signature Fadora...it was top notch.

J

Neph - if it's the same set up as I saw in Philly, don't worry. Aside from the giant gift shop with...wait for it - Zahi Hawass-branded clothing, including his signature Fadora...it was top notch.

That's certainly a relief to hear, J. Thanks!

-- Nephele