UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Interesting New Italian Museum Ad Campaign

JGolomb

This article spins a bit of drama surrounding the ads, but I just think they're kind of cool eye candy.

article:

The Colosseum, David and The Last Supper 'Threatened' by Ad Campaign

Videos

print ads:

if-nobody-visits-david-400x.jpg

if-nobody-visits-colloseum-400.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
This article spins a bit of drama surrounding the ads, but I just think they're kind of cool eye candy.

Personally I wouldn't have thought it needed 4 blackhawk helicoptors (or whatever they are) to shift a 17 foot tall statue of David. To mee the perspective also seems a bit off, in reality a single Chinnock might have done the job as well ;)

On the other hand it does seem an interesting attempt to generate more 'local' interest in their treasures. Personally I am not too sure that the 'problem' is a severe as the ads would seem to indicate. However something which anyone touring a major museum is always liable to note is the number of 'foreign' visitors they can see or hear around them irrespective of which country they are in or indeed how large a proportion of all visitors such foreigners really represent.

Edited by Melvadius